Random Things About Me.




Random, Things About Me, in Random Order . . .

  • I am a descendant of the Duke of Argyll.
  • My heritage is German, Scotch, French, and Irish, and this is why I’m always at war with myself.
  • I’m four days older than my buddy, Bill Gates . . . but not quite as wealthy.
  • I first got married at age 7, but it didn’t work out. We were just too young.
  • In grade school, I was almost always the shortest kid in my class, and that is why I like to stand on chairs, on stages, behind podiums, or behind the drums. I feel safer that way.
  • I wore out my sister’s reel-to-reel tape recorder doing mock radio interviews with my friends. I began working on my skill sets early in life.
  • I used to be able to ride on my dogs back like he was a horse. I rode my bicycle like it was a motorcycle.
  •  Once, a friend and I almost blew up our house, and we could have easily been killed. We found through our scientific experiments that firecrackers and gasoline do not mix well.
  • At age 10, for my first music concert, we put on a show for all the kids in the neighborhood, charged like a nickel for tickets and made about 25 cents each, and spent the money on MAD Magazine – 50 Cents – Cheap! We created the original Air-Band concept, this was way before the Guitar Hero game was invented.
  • My first instruments were the Violin, followed by the Cornet, and then Choir. I was 11 years old when I started playing Guitar and Drums. My first drum kit was a set of bongos.
  • I was once elected to be our class representative at the student council but instead chose to sing in the choir, thus forever ending my political career.
  • I was once a sheep herder and worked as a photojournalist. I’m not sure how those two are connected in my mind, but they just are.

  • I’ve spent several years in the darkroom, developing film, before digital photography was invented.
  • I’ve saved a lot of money by cutting my hair since I was a kid.
  • I’ve been bucked off of a horse but climbed back on and rode again.
  • I’ve never had a broken bone, but I don’t have wings, and I’ve never been able to fly or levitate under my own power either.
  •  In my college days and beyond, I ran between 10 to 50 miles on a good week. I’ve run a couple half marathons and many fun runs to support good causes.
  • I’ve done many Community Musical Theater, College Theater, Church Theater projects and have worked for a few years as an assistant director.
  • I’ve produced, engineered and performed on several music recording projects.
  • I’ve worked as a worldwide support engineer for one of the largest companies in the world.
  • My first car cost $400 dollars, and I can remember when you could buy gas for 19 cents a gallon.
  • My grandfather was a cowboy, a real cowboy. I wanted to be a cowboy too. So we used to terrorize cattle in the field next to our house by running around and attacking them with our kites on a windy day.
  • I wish I could have been a professional surfer like Frankie and Annette. I loved the Beach Party movies as a kid. Ancient history, I know.
  • I once thought Jimmy Durante was a professional competitive Olympic ski jumper.
  • My life is one long spiritual journey with a few occasional potholes and detours along the way.

Comments