The Creative Process and Art - Photography


Goat's Eye


Here's an image from my Black and White Photography Collection. This one is from many years ago. We were visiting a farm owned by some local relatives, and they had a few goats, among other animals. 

I was shooting black and white film at the time, long before digital photography was a thing. I was visiting a farm along with some of my adopted brothers and sisters, and it was interesting to watch them interact with the farm animals.
These kids, between the ages of eight and twelve, were transplants from larger cities; the New York or the Los Angeles area, so seeing farm animals was quite a novel experience for them. Some of them were timid around these farm animals. At the same time, some were ready to challenge them, even taunt them, until they received an aggressive reaction from the goat, cow, or whatever animal it was reacting to this invasion of their natural space.
Back in those days I shot mostly in black and white. I did a lot of work for a couple of college and university school newspapers. Fortunately I was able to hold on to thousands of negatives from that period, and now, occasionally I go searching for some of the gems, clean them up a bit and then share them either here on this blog or with many of my Facebook friends.
I've always liked farm animals, having grown up in that environment. I particularly like this shot of a Goat. I've called it just Goat's Eye for my reference.

Comments