The Creative Process and Art - MIND MAPS


Have you ever used MIND MAPS to help clarify your thinking or to help you focus in on some specific idea or train of thought that you want to document? I've used Mind Maps in the past informally or as a process capture with a software tool called "INSPIRATION." 

It occurred to me today that it might be of great value in my creative life, and by extension to others as well to begin developing the habit of creating DAILY MIND MAPS in order to capture a record of some of the many ideas and thought processes passing through my mind each day. 

These items can focus on just about anything, from a writing project, to music creation, to artwork, or and even greater expanse of anything that might be on one's mind. Capture it, first and then decide how to take action.

I think that this may be a marvelously productive and creative tool for people like me that want to be more creative, and like to think about a lot of different things throughout the course of a day.

I'm just getting started with this. This might be fun. Here's a small example.

I like the flexibility of these MIND MAPS. They can be moved and changed on the fly, and these are far more interesting to work with than the traditional outlines often used for planning a writing project. These can also be converted and rendered as a traditional outline if that is more to one's liking. This will be extraordinarily useful with how my mind works. I intend to make great use of this tool. 

Tell me what you think. Or, if you have more experience with this kind of process, tell me how it has helped you with your projects. I'd love to know.

Comments