Mid-Life Transition and New CD Released

Another major milestone has passed, another birthday and I am another year older.  I’m in that mid-life crises period of time now, but I like to view it more as the mid-life opportunity period.

Since leaving my previous workplace where I’ve spent much of the last 15 years, I’m beginning some new adventures, and doing some of those things that I’ve been involved in for many years. There are some things that I’m just beginning to spend more time with.

I’ve always played music, and occasionally written songs.  I’ve been keeping a journal since I was in high school, and I’ve always enjoyed being creative.  I’ve been doing photography since high school, and drawing, on and off for just as many years. 

So now, after leaving my previous employment with Hewlett Packard, I can now focus on those and other creative endeavors that have given me a great deal of joy and satisfaction over the years. I can work on developing and completing a number of projects that have been ongoing in the background for a long time.

Just this last week, one of the musical groups I’ve been involved with of late has released our first batch of recorded original music.

A new recording of the band, Altered Notes, currently featuring songs by Neil Paben and Jeff Marcec, has been made available for the first time to the public.  We are still refining the sound of the recording and putting some finishing touches on the production side of the music, but the results are generally pleasing, and I think we’ll have something worth listening too. There are several very good and interesting songs on the CD.





Also this next month, I’m planning to participate in the NaNoWriMo project, also known as National Novel Writing Month, yearly held in November where a large number of people commit themselves to release their creativity and write a minimal 50,000-word novel over the course of 30 days.

This is a great and exciting challenge, and one that I am really looking forward to doing.  So if I disappear off the radar map for the next month or so, it will be because I am deeply immersed in getting my story down on paper or in the computer by the end of November.  It should be a wildly creative time.


UPDATE: July28th, 2015

         Back on June 7th, 2015, Jeff Marcec the Guitar Player / Singer-Songwriter and a very big part of what was known as Altered Notes passed away unexpectedly. He was a fine musician and a well respected presence around the music scene in the state of Oregon, and the small town of Jefferson where he lived. I'll have more on Jeff Marcec later on, but for now, Rest in Peace Jeff Marcec, you will be missed.


Comments