More Cowbell . . .




For those who have been asking, here is some more Cowbell.




I posted this picture originally in Facebook as a response to so many people who keep referencing the Saturday Night Live bit about the recording session where the producer (played by Christopher Walken)  comes out over and over again saying, "I need more cowbell."  Which eventually works up to the statement that  . . . "I've got a fever, and the only thing that will satisfy it is More Cowbell. I Need More Cowbell."  The dutiful cowbell player (played by Will Ferrell) proudly clanks away exhibiting all the tensions and resolve that so frequently occurs when musician struggle over issues of volume, speed, tempo or what ever.  It's a funny bit, and most people  know have seen it when it was first broadcast many years ago, April 8, 2000 if I am correct.

So, now approximately 13 years later the joke keeps getting referenced over and over again which is the reason for my posting.  Lately I've taken to re-writing the joke.  Certain Drumming Community websites, the ones the post hundreds of random pictures of drums, and drummers have shown a few with extra large bass drums.  I've added my comments as, "I've got a fever and the only thing that will satisfy it is More Bass Drum . . . I need More Bass Drum."

Comments