Some Favorite Quotations

“When I am ... completely myself, entirely alone... or during the night when I cannot sleep, it is on such occasions that my ideas flow best and most abundantly.”  -- Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart

“Be regular and orderly in your life, so that you may be violent and original in your work.” -- Gustave Flaubert

“I keep to this routine every day without variation. The repetition itself becomes the important thing; it’s a form of mesmerism. I mesmerize myself to reach a deeper state of mind.”  -- Haruki Murakami


“Our goals can only be reached through a vehicle of a plan, in which we must fervently believe, and upon which we must vigorously act. There is no other route to success.”  -- Pablo Picasso

“I never could have done what I have done without the habits of punctuality, order, and diligence, without the determination to concentrate myself on one subject at a time.”  -- Charles Dickens

“Order and simplification are the first steps toward the mastery of a subject.”  -- Thomas Mann

"Dust as we are, the immortal spirit grows
Like harmony in music, there is a dark
Inscrutable workmanship that reconciles
Discordant elements make them cling together
In one society..."  
       -- William Wordsworth (1770–1850), British poet

Comments