A Time of New Beginnings - Opening Thoughts


It is again time for an update to this original first post written more than ten years ago, in 2010. Fast forward to 2023, and although much has changed, much remains the same. My challenge now is to revise and reinvent the work at hand. This will take some time, but I'm older and wiser now and with still more thoughts to share.

   2010 - It was only a few short months ago when it all began, or it may have started many years ago; this will be a question for historians to debate. All I know is that one door closed and another opened, and now I am following the open path. I was a common ordinary kind of guy, one of the corporate workers at "The Big Company," when I got the call from the folks in middle management telling me that my position was going away. This set in motion a whole series of changes. But first, I had to step back and think about what I wanted. I could have just pushed for another similar position in "The Big Company." Still, I felt a brighter and more exciting future outside, so I left the Golden Handcuffs behind to pursue my passions, follow my heart and see where it leads. So now, only a few months later, I must confess that I am living my dreams. I've always wanted to live a creative life, and now I'm doing that, focusing on writing, making music, doing more and more photography, painting, drawing, and really thinking about life and the issues of our time.


       So, I'm thrilled to be launching this new blog. As The Time Keeper's Journal grows and expands, I plan to bring in some of the creativity and share it with my readers, and maybe help others to have the courage to go after their dreams and goals, to venture out beyond the simple day to day world of working just to make a paycheck with the hopes of really making a difference, or at least leaving a trail of creative effort, and works of art that can be enjoyed by those who follow.

2023, Much has changed, even since 2021. I've yet to document my thoughts on that change and its meaning. I'll write more about that in the days ahead. For now . . . I'll just say, "What a long strange trip it's been."

Comments